Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tot School - Week 4

Tot School
M is 30 months old

Official Tot School
Pipe Cleaners & Parmesan Container
Spooning Activities
Container Counting
Clothespin Color Match
Brushstroke Painting

Extra Learning
We didn't do an official literacy lesson this week but we spent a lot of time talking about letters and even sounded out a few phonetic words!  One day M saw the word "MOM" on one of my shirts and she spent about 10 minutes going through each letter, a word that started with that letter, the sound of each letter, and then I helped her put it all together to sound out "MOM"!  I've noticed that she is so much more interested in letters when I'm not shoving them at her!

We went to Toddler Time at the library this week.  She was a little shy (totally NOT normal!) so instead of singing and dancing, she was content sitting on my lap and watching the other kids.  She seemed to be enjoying herself though and was so happy when they pulled out a ton of puzzles and books at the end.  I didn't get any pictures, but trust me, she was in heaven!

We had another fun field trip this week!  We went to the State Fair and she had a great time looking at all the animals and playing in the kid areas.  Her favorite part was riding a pony all by herself!

We are continuing to love Starfall, but this week she also asked to play with KneeBouncers, which is basically Starfall's little brother. :)  I like it because she can navigate it on her own!

Teacher Lessons
A little break won't hurt anyone.  This was a bit of an off week for me.  I just couldn't get motivated so most of our activities from this week were quick and easy to pull together.  I also joined a gym, but have to go at 4:30am because my husband has to leave for work at 5:30 and between the various nap times during the day and our MOMS Club activities, there's never another time to go.  Needless to say, I've been going to bed as soon as the kids do, so I haven't had a lot of lesson planning time at night.  I was feeling pretty guilty that I wasn't putting as much effort into Tot School as usual, but then I realized that it wouldn't hurt to have a few off days until I got my new schedule figured out.

That's all for this week!  To see what other toddlers are learning this week, check out the official Tot School Website!

4 comments:

  1. My son would have loved that State Fair action! She looks so happy to be on the pony :) I bookmarked Starfall but have yet to get there. How neat that your little one can navigate on her own at Knee bouncers. Will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kneebouncers looks great. My tot hasn't gotten much computer time. My oldest could navigate a mouse like an expert at this age but the poor toddler doesn't get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed our state fair this year and I was very disappointed because I knew there would be some great things to explore. Your daughter looked like she was having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to a little county fair and my DD loved it! We als0 love Starfall. I will have to check out the other one.

    And good for you for getting up at 4:30 to work out. I can't even do 5!!!

    ReplyDelete