Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Animals in Winter Family Night

I was planning to do a week of hibernation for M, but decided to add migration and then other animals in winter than do neither.  When I found this book at the library, this week started coming together.

Dinner
I made baked potatoes for dinner and made M's look like a cave and bear to go along with the hibernation theme.  She loved eating her "chicken bear".

Craft
We designed and decorated our own bear cave out of an empty tissue box.  Daddy worked on covering the box with a brown paper bag while M colored a bear I had printed out and R ripped up tissue paper to use as bedding for the bear. 



Storytime We read Animals in Winter (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)Animals in Winter and How the Hibernators Came to Bethlehem.  The first book is an absolute gem.  It is non-fiction for preschoolers and really helped explain hibernation and migration in a simple way that M could understand.  I'm hoping to find some more books from this series in the future.

I'll be posting an Animals in Winter Preschool Pack tomorrow!

2 comments: