Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Week in a Glance - M is 36 Months & R is 15 Months

What a busy week!  My hubby, who is a teacher, was off for Spring Break this week so I was able to spend a little extra time printing, laminating, and planning than usual.  We squeezed tons of fun St. Patrick's day themed activities in!

Preschool Skills
Shamrock Size Sorting from Oopsey Daisy.

We did the Leprechaun Race Game, size sorting, patterns, and counting cards from Musings of Me.

Lucky Charms Marshmallow Graphing - I can't find the link to the graph that I used, but 2 Teaching Mommies has a great one that I had intended to use but then couldn't find for some reason.  Can I mention how hilarious this was for me?  My kids don't eat cereal often (they are egg lovers), and when they do it is something simple like Cheerios.  Cereal with colors are pretty much outlawed in this house, so M was AMAZED at the Lucky Charms and could NOT concentrate on the activity.  She was so busy trying to stuff those marshmallows in her mouth!  Lucky for her, I'm not evil and I let her eat the ones we were working with when we were finished.

Shamrock Slap - I basically printed off a set of letters and numbers up to 20.  M didn't really "get" the shamrock part of the game but we used the cards to practice beginning letter sounds (she's already an ace at identifying both upper and lowercase letters) and to work on numbers 10-20 (she can count to 100 with a little help, but she isn't very good at recognizing numbers past 10).

Activities
St. Patrick's Day Memory - I printed and laminated a double set of 9 St. Patrick's Day themed images.  I put one set out upside down, and one set to the side and she matched them all up.


Motor Skills
M colored a St. Patrick's day themed coloring page.  I consider this motor skills because she's not fantastic at it (due to lack of practived admitedly) and she has a weird grip.
Shamrock lacing card
Messy Play
M enjoyed playing with green playdough.

Field Trip
We went to the zoo with some friends and the kids had a great time looking at all the animals.
We also did quite a few fun activities during our St. Patrick's Day Family Night.

That's all for this week!  Next week we will be doing a Healthy Bodies unit, so stay tuned for that!

We'll be linking up to Preschool Corner as well as Tot School.  Visit their websites to find some more great learning activities!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such great links! I love your shamrock file folder game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun! And I printed out a lucky charms graph and forgot to use it. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that file folder game. Looks like you had a great week with lots of great activities.
    Thanks for stopping by Tots and Me
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great activities! I've always wanted to do the Lucky Charms graphing, but they don't have that cereal in England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your daughter is wearing a crown in some pics. My girl does the same all the time. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you are so theme-y. :) Me too. You do a great job of making use of all the great printables online. I always mean to get back to printing them off; I need to do better about taking advantage of such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week! Love themes but I am bad at sticking to theme. I always admire them when I see them! You did lots of wonderful activities! Kerri

    ReplyDelete