Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shamrock File Folder Game

I saw a few cute craft ideas for making shamrocks out of hearts, so I came up with the idea for this file folder game.  It was fun to put together and a good, simple matching practice for M.  I tried to use a few papers that were fairly similar to see if I could stump her, but it didn't work.

Shamrock File Folder Game
Theme: Preschool Skills

Materials: File, heart punch/or cartridge for Cricut (I used George & Basic Shapes), various shades and patterns of green scrap paper

How to: I pulled out my handy dandy Cricut earlier this week and cut 4 hearts out of several different shades and patterns of scrap paper.  You could easily do the same with a heart punch or even just cutting hearts freehand.  Then shape 3 of the hearts into a clover on the inside of the file, leaving room for a 4th leaf.  Glue down and place the 4th leaf of each shamrock into a baggie or envelope pocket that has been glued to the file.  Your child will simply match the leaves to the correct shamrocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment