Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

DIY Letter Puzzle

M loves her Mellisa and Doug letter puzzle, but sometimes she gets a little tired of it. I thought I would switch it up today and make a simple letter puzzle for her to play with. She really enjoyed the novelty of it, and to my surprise started saying the sounds of the letters on her own without any prompting from me. I think she's ready to move on to the next phase of reading readiness!

DIY Letter Puzzle
Theme: Literacy

Materials: Wooden letters or letter magnets, piece of paper, pen

How to: Trace the letters with a pen ahead of time and have your child match the letters to their outlines.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, amazing idea!!! I love this!!! :) For an easier puzzle for little ones, you could even color the letters the same as the magnets!

    ReplyDelete