Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Leaf Tot School and Preschool Corner

M is 3 2/3 years old

Tot School
R is 23 months old
Printables
All of this week's printables are from 2 Teaching Mommies.
Leaf Do a Dot Sheets
I've never really done these with M, but R LOVES them, and has gotten M hooked too.

Leaf Parts Beginning Letter Sound Matching

Which is Different worksheet

Leaf Counting Clip Sheets

Pre-Writing Sheets
I am still impressed with how well M is doing with these, compared to only a couple of months ago!  I guess practice makes perfect!
Montessori Style Trays
Leaf Lacing
It's not a very good shot, but I punched holes in some not-too-dry leaves and R laced w/ a pipe cleaner while M laced with a shoe string.

Leaf Crunching
They crunched up the leaves into tiny pieces - what great fine motor practice!
Art
Leaf Glitter Art
They made pictures using glue and then added their crushed up leaves from the activity above as "glitter".

The finished pieces.
We went to a friend's house for a playdate earlier this week and she had an awesome little craft for the kids that fit right in with our theme this week!  They used sponges to add leaves to these great trees.
M filled her tree with leaves!

R's was a bit more sparse - all his leaves had already fallen off! :)
Activities
Leaf Imprints in Playdough
Just for Fun
The kids LOVE all the leaves falling in our front yard and have been going out daily to jump in leaf piles!

Books


Pinterest
Are you on Pinterest?  I always have so many more ideas that I actually use, so check out my Leaf Theme Pinterest board if you are looking for more ideas!

Past Unit
Make sure to check out the Leaf themed activities we did last year, including our Leaf Family Night.

Life
M had her end-of-semester ballet recital today.  It was so cute!  Her class is 3-5 year olds and most of them (including M) were completely clueless about what they were doing.  :)
She's the little one in the middle. :)
R had his "friend" bday party this weekend.  I can't believe he's almost 2!

That's all for this week! To see what other toddlers and preschoolers are learning this week, check out the official Preschool Corner website and Tot School Website

We are also participating in:

 

Montessori Monday

7 comments:

  1. Your autumn leaf & trees came out so pretty! I'd love for you to link up at my TGIF linky Party http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I am also your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute leaves. I may do those with mine too. Found you on TGIF>
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some great leaf ideas there. I love the idea of taking things from nature/around the house like you have and just doing something simple with them. And suiting two kids of differing ages too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your leaf crunching activity ... what fun and great for eye-hand coordination! And the ballet photo brings back so many wonderful memories of my daughter's early ballet days. (She's now a professional ice dancer/skating coach/Zumba instructor.) Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're doing L for leaves this week and have some of the same printables! I love your idea for the crunching leaves/leaf glitter and sponge painting the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely tight little girls in leotards, I think the girl on the left is old enough for sex, her tight little body bucking and shaking underneath me would feel amazing

    ReplyDelete